TCOB wants to share some important updates regarding the clinic’s phased re-entry over the next 7-8 weeks. We will be contacting all our families individually to discuss scheduling options in the coming weeks. We want to reiterate TCOB continues to take COVID-19 seriously and the health of our families and staff.
As many of you are aware, TCOB launched telehealth services shortly after publicly closing in March. For those families who feel they benefit from telehealth, we want to reassure you we will continue to offer these services to families for the foreseeable future and we highly encourage you to minimize exposure and take advantage of this service as long as possible.
We recognize not all families benefit from telehealth, and we hope to welcome you back safely to the clinic with necessary precautions in place for the entire wellbeing of our families and staff. I wanted to share changes we will make to the visits and what you can expect when you return to in-person visits.
Clinic sanitation and personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
Personal preference to not wear a mask is not an acceptable reason; you will not be admitted to the clinic.
- Children that do not have their own masks will be provided one
- For children under 2, those with pulmonary issues, or children with a severe aversion to masks, we will have child-size face shields available
- As a last alternative, if a child is extremely aversive to face shields and face masks they will be exempt from this requirement. We can discuss options when we call in the coming weeks to make a plan for the best option
Everyone will have cleaning supplies and disinfectant spray. We will be cleaning more frequently than usual and always between patient visits.
- We ask only one caretaker join the therapy session; caretaker will be required to don a mask
- We will continue to take temperatures and provide hand sanitizer upon entry to the clinic
- The indoor sensory gym ball pit will be temporarily closed; we will find alternative techniques and will take advantage of our outdoor sensory gym
- All clinicians will be wearing a mask and/or face shield and will wear a type of apron with pockets. These aprons will be loaded with PPE alternatives, hand sanitizer, tissues, etc. to ensure we are prepared
Arriving at the clinic
- Our waiting room will be closed to the public with exceptions only for families traveling long distances or who rely on CARTS. There will be no toys or magazines in the waiting room and seats will distributed to offer social distancing.
- We will have designated drop off/pick up parking spots. Families arriving for therapy sessions or to pick up their child will park in a designated spot and follow the directions on the sign in front of your vehicle. This process is similar to the curbside services we have become accustomed to lately.
A reminder, we respectfully request that you phone/text/email us to cancel appointments if:
- You or someone you have had contact with in the last 14 days have exhibited COVID-19 symptoms (fever of 100.0, dry cough, aches and pains, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell).
- You or someone you have had contact with in the last 14 days have tested positive for COVID-19.
Phase 1 June 8, 2020
Phase 2 June 22, 2020
Phase 3 July 1, 2020
Phase 4 July 6, 2020
We will begin to reach out to families that have elected to wait for face-to-face sessions to resume to discuss re-entry options based on when your clinicians will be returning to the clinic. Please know we have missed our families these past months. We want to reiterate the wellbeing of our TCOB family is our top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as necessary to ensure we are doing all we can.
Please feel free to reach out to Amy Grant should you have any questions or concerns.